Thursday, March 31, 2005

training in Austin

I made a trip to Austin, so as to get some hill in my legs and do some riding with Thomas the
"Freight Train" Hallock. I arrived on Monday afternoon and we took a nice 3 1/2 hour ride out east. On tuesday is when the fun began I had 6 hours planned with 1 hour of hill repeats in the begining of the ride, then continue on for the rest of the 6 hours riding all the other hills we could find. Finishing off the ride by stopping by Jamba Juice and filling our bottles with delicious fruity energy. After getting back showering and getting our designated recovery foods. We enjoyed a nice homemade dinner. Compliments of Mrs. Hallock. The next day (wednesday) I had another 6 hrs with some TT efforts in the begining. This went well and Thomas and I did the last one in a two man rotation. Getting some team work practice. Later in the ride Thomas took me on an AWSOME dirt road with small climbs and a few cattle guards. Too finishs off the day Mr. Hallock made enchiladas from scratch. This was exactly what the body needed.

Matt

No comments: