Monday, April 18, 2005

Friday Night Races

This was my first Friday Night Race in Frisco, and my first ever race on a Velodrome. I am hooked!! It did not take much. On Thursday Thomas and myself arrived in Grapevine to meet up with the rest of the team to ride the track that evening. This was alot fun, we had a chance to try different things and even our four man pace line.
Friday Nite, could not have been more fun. Since this was my first time racing the track I was placed in the senior 4 category. I wanted to try and earn some upgrade points, so I asked Nathan for some strategy pointers for each of my races (Danish, Snowball, Points). During the Points race, I was told to wait for the first sprint and when everyone lets up a little attack, well that is just what I did and I was able to pull off laping the field and earning my 20pt. bonus along with 5pts for taking a lap. Which put me winning the overall race. I really only had one problem during the races and that was I did not have my seat clamp bolt tight enought and my saddle nose kept sliding further down, thus causing me to slide forward and almost off my saddle by the end of the race. By the end of the night I was able to pull off the omnium win.

No comments: