Wednesday, April 13, 2005

training in Austin Part II

My dad had some buisness in Austin this past weekend so I caught a ride with him into town. Thomas an I got some good riding in out west of town in the hills. Seeing as Fort Davis and Gila are coming up in about a week and a half. I was feeling as though my gears were a little off when doing some hill repeats on Monday and came to findout that evening my little ring is a 42tooth. yea, exactly what I was thinking "Why did you put a 42 on your bike", well I forgot I had put it on towards the end of last season and never took it off.
Other than riding the hills on beautiful road in West Austin, other highlights of the trip were going to the new Whole Foods, and grinding my own honey roasted peanut butter. Yes, thats right Honey Roasted, this is the best stuff. I also have to say that this trip was fun because it had been a long time since my dad and I had a chance to travel and hangout together, just the two of us.
I will now be heading up to Dallas to ride the track on Thursday and Race Friday. I am looking forward to this.

Matt

No comments: