Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Celebrity Classic #2

Well, Sunday was different then Saturday in that it was dry the whole race. Sunday I wanted to have another good day but make it better and try and get into the top ten. The end result was good, in that I was able to achieve that goal. Yet, not without a bit of hard work. As usual the race took off pretty fast and so I sat towards the front and went with different moves and eventually ended up in a break that almost lapped the main field. While in the break I attacked a few time really hard from the opposite side of the road just to try and widdle the number of guys down since our group was racing for 5th place on the day. I was right in it until about the very end when I just did not have a sprint.
When the race was over, I had some of the riders from some of the pro teams I was in the break with come up to me and let me know they thought I rode really strong and put a good bit of pressure on the break. This meant alot to me.

No comments: