Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rest and sight seeing

I have taken the past few days to recover from the last few months of racing. I went into town to see a castle, but did not get in. So I walked around some more and ended up going into Sint Baafs cathedral. I have to say if any of you come to Belgium and end up in Gent. One place you have to visit is this cathedral. There are some world renowned paintings that have been around since the 1500s. The Architectures is unbelievable. There was even a man playing a harp for the visitors. After this I strolled around to find a bakery (brood and banket), since the usually have some really good food to snack on (i.e. chocolate croissants, £1 pizzas).
Now that my self imposed break is coming to an end tomorrow, I will be racing again. My legs have been feeling better over the past couple of days and should be back to feeling good.

Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pizza, chocolate and art! Sounds like my kind of place!