Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Whats new

Here goes the last couple of races. Two days ago I raced in Holland again, which was not so bad because the ride from the farm to the start line on the bike was only about and hour or so. The race was quick and windy. The race schedule says it was a criterium, well I beg to differ. Since the course was over two miles long. The next day we had another race that was optional, but I rode to the race just to see how I felt and decide if I would race or not. I rolled to the pub where you sign in and decided that I was probably not ready to that days race, but Staf Boone decided that I should have a strong coffee and see how I felt after abit. I ended up feeling pretty good in relation to the previous thirty minutes, which was probably not 100 percent. I went ahead and entered the race and had an agreement with Staf that if I started to feel under the weather I could pull out. The race was 16 lap and 8 euro primes on every lap well after a couple laps I found myself off the front and with about a minute gap. I ended up with 4 primes. I ended pu getting reeled back in by two guys Patric and Mario. Patric who rode for CSC and finishe top ten and top twenty in races like Paris Roubaix. When they caught me with the rest of the peleton I expected a counter attack so I prepared and was luck because the whole group went with them and I jumped in the middle, then they attacked on the cobble section and my scewer came loose to they are off the front and I am losing contact with the main field since I am laying on my bars and trying to adjust my front scewer. I tried to get the guys on the team to slow the field downe for one minute and I would get back on, since I was still feeling good, but they did not get my signal and rode away. I ended up 15th on the day.
Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Sounds like you're racing strong! I'm sending you some banana bread today -- I PROMISE

Love,

Jill

Martha said...

Good job Matt