Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Whats up?

Well; I did my first interclub two days ago. The race was 160km with cobbles sections that rattled you to the bone; there were broken wheels and flat tires all over the place. We go one man in the lead break and I was in the chase group. There was a 70+km loop with a 10km loop that we did 7.5 times to finish the race. The pace was just as fast as the kermess races, but this lasted for 4hrs. So I was pretty tired by the end. My placing was 35th, not the best but I am happy for my first interclub. I have been told that they tend to be harder than some of the pro races just because a large number of the guys are bidding for a contract or are ex-division one professionals.
Yestarday I lined up for another race, with 11 laps (rondas}. My plan was to just sit in and roll with guys but not put in my own attack and use the day as a solid training session. About 2/3 of the way through the second lap, I found myself off the front with 6 other guys. This break ened up staying away for the whole race and I crossed the line in 6th. Just did not have the snap needed to close the deal in the final 250 meters, but I think my sprint is getting better.

Matt

No comments: