Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rain Rain go away and just leave

Get this I rode in the rain again today. Yes, that is correct, rain is falling in Belgium. All joking aside, it has been raining pretty much everyday for the past almost two weeks.
I have some new things to add to this blog. My must read list. No I am not stealing this idea from Oprah. My list includes the John Grisham books "The Bretheren" and " The Last Juror". I have some other books to add to the list once I get the proper name of the authors I will post them.
Updates on the farm. We received a clothes dryer today, which comes in very handy when trying to dry thermals and jumpers, since they take so long to dry on the line. There are now about 50 baby chicks, which are really cute to watch try and navigate the tall grass. Along with more baby ducks. The baby rabbits are now pretty big and roaming in their very large pen. Also there are now only 7 guys living in the house. There were 10 for a while. I am the only American with the rest being from New Zealand. So I will probably come home with some new words in my vocabulary.
On a whole other note. Inspiration can come at odd times and sometimes from people you would never suspect. For instance the older gentleman in about his 80s riding on the canal road when the group ride came past him. As we passed he got a smile/look of determination on his face and began to hop on the back of the group, which happen to be doing about 23mph. Now, this gentleman was not on a road bike but a town bike (heavy beast of a bike) with a rather large basket on the back with stuff inside. So I think to myself, man no matter what happens, I really love riding my bike and I can do it for a very long time. While I sit here writing this I am again listening to my brother Andrew Seagrave. His music seems to touch something inside me when I listen to it. For some reason even though it is pretty slow, I can listen to it before a race and get just as pumped but with more determined mind set than if I listened to something more traditional (i.e. eye of a tiger, or rage against the machine). Probably because I know that his music is a direct product of hard work and determination.


Till Next Time
(Something that gives you good goosebumps is worth chasing)
Matthew Seagrave

No comments: