Wednesday, August 02, 2006

sorry for the delay

Well, I am sitting here writting this entry with two things that I missed. One being my little brothers music in my ears. If you are interested go to
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27113912
the other being the keyboard with the key configuration from home. The only problem being that I am having to get reaccustomed to it. I ended up at the computer cafe this evening because I was going to ride to the track and watch some of the New Zealand junior track riders get ready for junior worlds that starts here in a couple of days, but got about 2km from the farm and it was raining and thought, that you guys had not heard an update in a while so I diceded to stop here. So I did it for you not so I didnt get wet, but so you would not have to wait any longer for an update. Some other non cycling related news. My older sister Jill and her husban just had there second child. No you dont understand this means I am an uncle again. This is a good thing.
Ok, so you are wondering just what I have been upto in relation to cycling. I raced in Holland a couple of days ago and my final placing was not what I wanted but I was able to pick up three primes. So I am pretty happy with that. I will be racing tommorrow in a town called Deerlijk (deer lick). O yes, well the ksyrium front wheel saw its last day of action for a while. That is I broke a spoke about 17 minutes into the race in Holland, changed wheels and got back in.
Enough about racing back to other things I have seen and experienced here in Belgium. I saw a lady the other day with a fully packed down mule walking along one of the canals, this is something I would picture in the grand canyon style hike. Also the other day I got a chance to ride with a former wold champion for cyclocross. O yea, he accomplished this three times. Some of you know that when I left I was working on a mohawk. Well that has turned into a Euro-mullet. Yes, you read correctly, the work mullet was in there. In the world of food, since I have been asked that question a few times by some of you guys. The food is really good. Waffles that tastes like dougnuts. also beer, now those who know me well, know I dont drink. Since being here I have tried one or two different beers, just to say I have had Belgium beer. Kriek (cherry style beer, no wheat) Leffe (good dark beer) Augustijn ( team sponsor). The Frits (fries) here are pretty good, but I have not had many of those either.

Till next time

Matt

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

happy belated birthday MATT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who is this Euro-mullet wearing, beer drinking man you speak of? I do not know him but would love to meet him! Happy Wheels!

Love you!
Emily

Anonymous said...

Great update Matt. I hope you enjoyed your birthday and your "birthday in a box". We can't wait to see you again. Continue sending all the good news.

Love,
Jill, Todd, Julia and Samuel

Shannon Koch said...

happy birthday Mattisumus!!