Tuesday, June 28, 2005

heatwave

Today on my ride towards the end I began to have a mental flash back Waynes World style (doo la loo, doo la loo, doo la loo etc.) about the cool weather in Utah. The reason why I was having this episode was because today I went for a 3 1/2 hour ride. For those who know me pretty well you know this is a shorter ride for myself so normally no problems. Well, being in Utah for about 3 weeks and acclimated to the cooler weather I had a little bit of a problem with the TEXAS HEAT. In the 3-1/2 hrs. I had to consume 7 bottles and a sprite just to attempt to keep up with my hydration needs. This was crazy.
Also on today's ride I came past a carwash/detail business where there was giant blowup rhino, with straps holding it down. Due to the strong winds, it seemed to be alive and trying to break free from the restraints (remember it was very hot when I was riding).
I am glad to be back. O yea, I forgot today was the first day I had a chance to ride because the airlines had lost my bike for about two days. Yea this was a real stresser ( maybe not even a word).

No comments: