Tuesday, June 14, 2005

quickset

I title today entry the way I did because on my way to meet up with Nate and Shannon for the ride. I am on the side walk just outside their door and on the phone. I look forward and see the ground looks a little wet but do not really have time to react and sure enough the wetness was because some workpeople had just laid some fresh concrete. well my wheel sinks about 4 inches. I hang up tell my coaches wife I have to go. roll into the grass and take my wheel off and proceed to wipe the concrete off as fast as I could. LUCKLY it all comes off and no one was the wise till now! Except for that rather large hole the siz of a bicycle tire in fresh contrete. I would have smoothed it back out but the only thing I could think of that would work is my arm and no that was not an option. Other than that my day was really good. I had a chance to ride the road course again. The climbing was much better today.

No comments: