Monday, May 02, 2005

Gila TT

whats up?
Well I will break up the race into different parts since this was a five day race and would be a long entry to read all at once. The TT was 16 miles and some change. Hilly with some more hills. Wednesday morning (day of the TT). Troy and I were in the backyard of the house where we would be staying for the week. Trying to get my Bottom Bracket (which showed up in the mail and hour earlier) in my TT bike. We get the bike together using the bottom bracket and crankset off my road bike. Everthing turned out ok and fit. A little later in the day we drove to the TT course and got setup. Troy decided to ride there for his warmup. Once I was warm and ready to go. I made my way to the starting line and proceeded to be told by every official there that I had folded my number too much and should not do this again. I was think "come on guys, I want to be aero." Luckly I did not get any penalty for this, because most other guys were doing the same thing. before I knew it I was hearing 3-2-1 GO!
I was off and telling myself, this is what you know (Time trialing that is) so catch everyone you can until you hit the finish line. I ended up catching alot of guys upto my 3 minute man. coming on the way back on the final down hill I had spun my 53 x 11 out at about 50mph. I knew I had given everthing I had, but was not sure where I would fall at the end of the day. This is because I could not get my 56 chainring to work and ran a 53, when I knew most guys were running a 56. So that evening after getting back to the house and having dinner I went down the street to see the results and I was second on the day only 40 seconds back. This was good. I now have a good start for the next 4 days of racing and climbing and we will also be climbing.
Stay tuned and I will have the Mogollon (day 2) results up tomorrow.

No comments: