Sunday, May 22, 2005

Track Cup

I do not have a lot stories to tell on this installment. Due to the fact that on the Track I am a Cat4. So I really could only do the 4K pursuit. Which is good because TT is what I know, having been a professional triathlete at one time. Ok enough of that let me let me give the run down.
I did my usual warmup well most of it. I did not get to finish because, they decided to swap the race directly infront of the 4k and start our race earlier. Not a big deal, because I had done the important stuff already. So I go the the line and get set. 5 - 4 - 3 - 1 - whistle sound. I am off, ok no I am not there was a false start. This actually worked in my favor because I got a chance to check with Nathan on whether my start was fast enough and if the line I chose was good. Yes, Nathan is alot of help on the track. Because I had never done a pursuit before. Ok well the second start was good and I am off. Pedaling as hard as I can. Trying not to think of anything but keeping pressure on my pedals and staying ontop of the black line. Everytime I came past the bleechers on the front side of the track I could hear the cheers. So I would like to thank all the club members to being there and helping on my way. When it was all said and Done I posted the second fasted time of the night, for this event. I was happy. I now have alot that I would change in how ride this event.
I saw some people taking pictures so I will post some as soon as I find them.

Matt

No comments: