Sunday, May 22, 2005

Joe Martin II

The TT was up a climb for 2.5 miles. That sounds like a piece of cake with lots of frosting, but NO! the first 200 meters was fast. I got into my big ring from the begining and then was in my small ring the rest of the way and breathing like a vaccum, you know the sound. I ended up somewhere in the top 40. Satuday road race prior to the TT was a 93 mile road race where you rode 11 miles to a loop did the loop 3 time and then road back to the finish line which was the first 11 miles. This course was good in that the climbs were gradual and not nearly as long as fridays climbs. The main feedzone climb was super steep and pretty much you would not overshoot your feeder, because you are moving slow in relation to the rest of the race. I almost forgot the one long descent that had a 90 degree turn at the bottom and had a strong odor of carbon fiber and breakpads everytime we came through.
The Crit on Sunday was hard. No, not just hard but can I have a new set of legs hard and we are only halfway through the race. I gave everthing I had. There was a climb that lasted about four blocks and kicked up for the final 200 meters before the finish line. Just then you think the hill is over you turn left and the road give you one more kick for good luck.

Joe Martin Stage Race was deffinately one race that I am looking forward to doing next year. Now that I have sat down and reviewed my notes and know how to better approach the race from a stretegy standpoint.

Matt

No comments: